The Early Years Foundation Stage 2
Welcome to Reception!
In the EYFS there are seven areas of learning and development.
The three prime areas are:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development.
The four specific areas are:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design.
Click here for more information about the EYFS curriculum.
We follow the Catholic Curriculum for Religious Education following the Come and See scheme.
We enjoyed making and eating porridge after reading Goldilocks and the Three Bears
We have been working on our counting skills
This half term our topic is bears.
We will be working on becoming more independent and following the school rules.
We will learn to retell stories and sequence the main events. We will also be working hard on listening to the initial sounds in words and starting to spell small words.
We will be learning to recognise and order numbers and to match a group of objects to the correct numeral.
Information for parents
- PE is on Fridays. Please provide black shorts and a white t-shirt for your child and some pumps/trainers in the Summer term. Note – children will not be permitted to take part if they are wearing earrings.
- Book bags are changed once a week; Miss Murdoch or Mr Murphy can let you know which day you need to bring your book bags in. Please try and read every evening. We will send books home from October when the children have started their phonics and have learnt some of the sounds.
- Your child’s water bottle can be found in the cloakroom, please ensure this is regularly refilled.